Monday, June 8, 2009

Feed Your Soul. Nourish the Artist Within. - What to expect at the Official Kick Off Gathering on June 27th!

Art journal page by Carmen Torbus

Bring your favorite art or craft supplies for an evening of art, conversation, laughter, tunes, food and fun.

Last month, Lauren brought her seashells and tiny paintbrush.

Katrina brought her art bag filled with her art journals and favorite pens, markers, collage elements and more.

Tara brought her portfolio with canvases, papers, pastels, and works in progress.

Christine came for some "me time" with no intention of painting and ended up picking up a paintbrush for the very first time. She said she's looking forward the next get-together and and now she even invited a friend of hers to join us!

Rumor has it that one of the attendees will be bringing her knitting and two other ladies will be working on their jewelry projects. Can't wait to see what everyone is working on. I get so inspired when I see other people doing what makes their heart sing. Don't you?

Something powerful happens when women come together for a common goal. The goal of the Treasure Coast Women's Art Alliance is simple - to empower women through art.

I've found that when I am around other women, each of us doing something creative that we love, it gives us the courage to embrace vulnerability, share our experiences and feel safe to freely create, with no inhibitions.

No pressure.
No negativity.
No right or wrong way to create - anything goes.

Whether you enjoy painting, knitting, sculpting, writing, poetry, jewelry making, collage, mixed media, scrapbooking, or anything else, I encourage you to come and spend an evening with us.

I've also found that when I do embrace vulnerability and share who I am, share my art and talk about my dreams and goals... I leave feeling empowered. I leave feeling validated. And most of all, I leave feeling inspired.

The Official Kick Off Gathering will be on June 27th at 6:00 pm. The plan is to meet at my home, as we did last month. If you plan to attend, please email me (carmen.tcwaa@gmail.com), leave a comment here on the blog or RSVP on our Facebook Group Event Page and I will ensure you have the address. For reference, I live in the SW corner of Port St. Lucie between Gatlin and Becker.

Tara tells me she's bringing her famous 7 layer dip! Mmmm!
If you're famous for something yummy and want to bring it, feel free.
Anything chocolate will get you bonus points from me.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or email me at carmen.tcwaa@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you on the 27th!

Much love,
Carmen


P.S. Did you read Katrina Kniep's article sharing her thoughts on meeting with us for the first time?
P.P.S You can also read/see on my blog
the get-together that prompted me to start this group
and what I wrote about why I started TCWAA here!

No comments:

Post a Comment